Pre-Order Charterstone, Gloomhaven, Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium!
Now taking pre-orders for the next hit game from Stonemaier Games! Along with the second printing of Gloomhaven and the first expansion for the hit game Terraforming mars!
The prosperous Kingdom of Greengully, ruled for centuries by the Forever King, has issued a decree to its citizens to colonize the vast lands beyond its borders. In an effort to start a new village, the Forever King has selected 6 citizens for the task, each of whom has a unique set of skills they use to build their charter.
In Charterstone, a competitive legacy game scaled for 1-6 players, you construct buildings and inhabit a shared village. Building stickers are removed from cards and permanently added to your charter on the board, becoming action spaces for any player to use (kind of like Lords of Waterdeep, Caylus and Ora et Labora). Thus, a few available buildings soon grow into a bustling village with dozens of actions.
Charterstone features the following:
- streamlined starting rulebook: learn as you play and add rules as you unlock content
- engine-building elements within each game and over the course of the campaign
- a branching storyline where short-term decisions have a long-term impact
- a secret component found in only one other board game
- 75+ “crates” to unlock: 36 metal coins, 350+ unique cards, and 230+ wooden tokens (exactly 12 of each resource: wood, coal, grain, brick, iron, and pumpkin)
Your journey through Charterstone’s many secrets will last 12 games, but it doesn’t end there. Your completed village will be a one-of-a-kind, variable worker-placement game.
Read more about Charterstone here: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/charterstone/
A great solo game!
Players will take on the role of a wandering mercenary with their own special set of skills and their own reasons for traveling to this remote corner of the world. Players must work together out of necessity to clear out menacing dungeons and forgotten ruins. In the process they will enhance their abilities with experience and loot, discover new locations to explore and plunder, and expand an ever-branching story fueled by the decisions they make. This is a persistent game that is intended to be played over many game sessions. After a scenario, players will make decisions on what to do, which will determine how the story continues, kind of like a “Choose Your Own Adventure” book.
Checkout Tom Vasel's Review:
TERRAFORMING MARS: HELLAS & ELYSIUM
Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium, the first expansion for the smash hit game, Terraforming Mars, consists of a double-sided game board presenting two new areas of Mars:
- Elysium takes players almost to the opposite side of Mars' equator, with vast lowlands for oceans in the north and a dry, mineral-rich south. Place a tile on Olympus Mons, the highest peak in the solar system, to gain three free cards!
- Hellas, the southern wild, includes Mars' south pole and the enormous seven-hex Hellas crater that just begs to become a giant lake. Building around the pole gives you new placement bonuses in the form of heat and possibly even water.
Each of these maps consists of new sets of Milestones and Awards with relevance for that particular map. Place three tiles around the south pole to be a Polar Explorer, for example, or race to have the most estates beside water on Elysium!