R’lyeh is a terrible and ancient city, risen from the depths of the Pacific by a great curse. There, Cthulhu lies both dead and dreaming, waiting to consume any who venture near.
In Lost in R’lyeh, players are trapped in H.P. Lovecraft’s short story, “The Call of Cthulhu.” From the mysterious discovery of a profane idol, to dreams of a dark cult, to landfall in a cyclopean metropolis and Cthulhu’s horrific emergence, no player can truly win…
…although the last player to escape will be the ultimate loser, for that player will be forever Lost in R’lyeh!
Key Selling Points:
• A fast-paced game with quick turns and dramatic transitions.
• Giant, tarot-sized cards feature as many as five different powers each, giving every player plenty of chances to take epic turns.
• Multiple winners make the endgame tense while keeping it fun for everyone.
• The Cthulhu Mythos draws in Lovecraft fans, but no eldritch knowledge is required to play.
• 75 tarot-sized playing cards and a turn-order chip in a metal tin
2–6 players, 45 minutes, Ages 13+