This complete standalone fantasy roleplaying game takes your fantasy campaigns to new heights of adventure! Backward-compatible with the 3.5 fantasy rules but offering new solutions and options that place it firmly on the cutting edge, the Pathfinder RPG is the culmination of the largest open public playtest in RPG history.
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook includes:
• Revised rules for the classic seven fantasy RPG races
• Updated options for the 11 core classes
• A streamlined skill system that makes things easier for players and GMs
• A host of new and familiar feats, including innovative combat feats and item creation rules
• New equipment
• Additional combat options aimed at dispelling confusion at the game table without sacrificing versatility
• Overhauled rules for domains, familiars, bonded items, specialty schools, and more
• Dozens of new and revised spells
• Updated rules for NPCs, including quick-generation rules
• New rules for curses, diseases, and poisons
• A completely overhauled experience system with options for slow, medium, and fast advancement
• Hundreds and hundreds of magic items
• AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook is a 560-page full-color hardcover book distributed to hobby stores, bookstores, and online retailers. It's less expensive than the 3.5 core rulebooks it replaces, and it serves as the foundation for decades of roleplaying enjoyment.
• To date, more than 40,000 gamers around the world have participated in the Pathfinder RPG open playtest, the most aggressive and best-publicized open playtest in the history of tabletop RPGs.
• Based on the popular 3.5 rules system of the world’s most popular roleplaying game. Last year, more than 5 million gamers played in 3.5 games.
• The monthly Pathfinder Adventure Path series reaches more than 10,000 readers across the world, making it the most widely read and best-selling monthly tabletop RPG product on the market.
• Extensive promotion in game industry trade publications and through online marketing initiatives targeting Paizo’s 100,000+ community of gamers.
• News of the Pathfinder RPG open playtest has been picked up by the Associated Press, Wired.com, Ain’t it Cool News, and other high-profile print and online media sources. The open playtest has been building enthusiasm for this major release for more than a year.