The One Ring RPG 2nd Edition Core Rules Book + Starter Set Bundle
The One Ring™ is a roleplaying game based on The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, two extraordinary works of fiction by the beloved author and respected academic, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, published in partnership with Sophisticated Games.
First released in 2011, its award-winning design was hailed as the best attempt at bringing Middle-earth to the gaming table to date, thanks to its thematic rules and painstaking attention to detail. For 10 years, players of the game have traveled far and wide across Middle-earth, adventuring for multiple decades of game time.
Today, it is time for the game to enter a new era – this new edition of The One Ring brings players further into the Twilight of the Third Age with a new hardbound volume, presenting:
- A set of updated and streamlined rules, developed thanks to years of players’ feedback and raising the game to the standards of quality that have made Free League so popular.
- A new setting to experience – the Lone-lands of Eriador in the year is 2965 of the Third Age. This is a vast land that once saw the glory of the North Kingdom of the Dúnedain.
- A complete visual redesign of art and graphics, offering a view of Middle-earth that is fresh and familiar at the same time.
The Starter Set:Created for the first time for this edition of the game, the Starter Set contains everything you need to start playing, and more! Focused on the Shire, this set allows for new players to enter the world of Middle-earth from the land of the Hobbits, where all the stories began. A number of pre-generated characters allow players to take the road to adventure in no time. The boxed set, mainly written by seasoned RPG writer James Spahn, includes:
As we have exceeded our base funding goal, we will add more content to the boxed set as stretch goals. You can read more about these under Stretch Goals, below. A summary:A huge full-color map (format format 720 x 558 mm) of the Shire and Eriador, created by Francesco Mattioli.
Six square Stance Cards, used to keep track of the fighting stance of characters in combat
A set of engraved custom dice, with six D6 Success Dice and two D12 Feat Dice.
- Approximately 30 Item Cards for weapons, shield and armor, all beautifully illustrated.
- A full compendium of the Shire, detailing the land of the Hobbits for The One Ring for the first time.